My drink texting (not drunk texting) with Chris Borden of Seattle got me onto beer cocktails. Here's the state of my research as of right now. I have many variations, and I certainly don't know what is the difference between a chelada and a michelada. And I also love to add some Clamato (tm)!
- juice of 3/4 to 1 lime
- many shakes of salt (ie, a large pinch)
- two shakes of Old Bay (tm) seasoning
- two dashes of very hot hot sauce
- three dashes of Worchestershire sauce
- one can or bottle of ice-cold Modelo (tm) or Pacifico (tm) or Corona (tm) or equivalent.
Mix everything but the beer (so that the salt dissolves) in a pint glass and then pour the beer in slowly. Enjoy! Serves one.