2007-10-02

sausage, squash, and apple

PMC came down to the fuzz compound for the weekend, and we threw sweet pork sausages, peeled and cubed butternut squash, and large apple chunks into the oven for 30 or 40 min at 400 F (200 C). The apple was over-cooked into a kind of thick apple sauce, but the squash caramelized on the cast-iron pan and the combination of the three ingredients was great! Everything had been tossed with olive oil, but to PMC's astonishment, it didn't need any salt or pepper.

1 comment:

  1. The fuzz felt it would have been improved by the addition of mashed potatoes, as most things are. For a proselytizer of salt "the secret ingredient--you can never have too much", it was amazing to see how the sausage could provide all the salt this combination needed. This meal was so good that the small taste I enjoyed almost made me wish I wasn't going out for supper with my brother, Pimp My Print, at the fabulous Gramercy Tavern that night.

    ReplyDelete