2013-03-06

lamb and beans, now with more prison

Following a suggestion of PMC, who (these days) is all about cooking below boiling and for a long time, I am attempting a remake of lamb and beans but with no par-boiling of the beans. This is all about one-step cooking. I put a lamb shank, a pound of dry white beans, a few glugs of olive oil, two split garlic cloves, some pepper, rosemary sprigs, thyme sprigs, and coarsely ground pepper into a bean pot. I more-than covered it all with water. I put it in a 200 F (90 C) oven. I am now going to wait 5 hours and see what I get! At or near the end I will have to add a lot of salt.

1 comment:

  1. This version worked out great. I ended up leaving it in the oven for 12 hours (because I fell asleep). With the salt added at the end, it was delicious. Doing it again, I would add the salt earlier; maybe after 5 or 6 hours.

    ReplyDelete